Now ever since I got into the running habit a couple of months ago, I've been to 5 running races so far. It's addictive, the exhilaration of running alongside hundreds and thousands of other fellow runners. Heck, I even registered and completed a 58 floor KOMTAR tower run last couple of weeks. Training and running every night in my Taman has become a habit, one I do not plan to kick anytime soon.
The PUMA Night Run is just two months away and with over 8,500 participants registered so far, this might be your last chance to register! If you haven’t yet made up your mind whether or not to sign up, here are not one, but FIVE reasons why you should be there.
|5 Reasons Why You Should Not Miss The Puma Night Run 2016 !|
1. Invigorating run into the night
If your excuse for not running is the hot blistering sun, rest assured, that won’t be a problem here. This is the first time PUMA Night Run is being held at the Dataran Kemerdekaan Shah Alam, so you’re in for an exciting experience running through the streets of Shah Alam. The refreshing cool night air, which is definitely better than the heat of the day, will be helpful for you breeze through the finish line.
|Invigorating run into the night|
2. Spot some familiar faces!
While running with your friends is always a fun thing to do (as well as an excellent opportunity to brag if you beat their time), we challenge you to spot the most number of celebrities at the Night Run this year! Many local personalities and PUMA Friends are joining us this year with most of them already prepping hard to clock in their personal bests! Do like the official Facebook page ‘PUMA Night Run 2016’ for all the latest updates about this.
3. Fun activities at the PUMA Village
The Night Run has something for everyone, so even if you may not be among the best of runners, the PUMA Village will be your playground with a selection of exciting games, challenges and fun activities waiting for you! You will also get the chance to ‘ignite’ the runner in you with an exclusive trial of the soon-to-be-released, PUMA Ignite Dual!
|Fun activities at the PUMA Village|
4. Amazing after party
There’s more to the PUMA Night Run than the run itself. Funny man Phat Fabes and the fabulous Melissa Th’ng will be keep the party alive with lots of laughter while Malaysia’s Top Pop Punk band, An Honest Mistake are also set to rock the stage to give you a night to remember!
|Malaysia’s Top Pop Punk band, An Honest Mistake|
|Phat Fabes - Emcee|
|Melissa Th'ng - Emcee|
5. Ending the night with some fireworks display
Who doesn’t love fireworks? The PUMA Night Run will give you a perfect end to a perfect night with some brilliant fireworks display! Your epic night of running and having fun will be complete as you will watch fireworks beautifully light up the dark skies. How about that for a picture perfect moment?
- PUMA is all set to flag off the third edition of its PUMA Night Run Malaysia at the Dataran Kemerdekaan Shah Alam, Selangor on 20 August 2016.
- With 10,000 slots available for registration, this will be PUMA Malaysia’s biggest Night Run event to date.
- 2016 also marks the first year in which the Night Run will be held at Dataran Kemerdekaan Shah Alam instead of Setia Alam, where it was organised in the past.
- The stakes are also higher this year, as there are RM12, 000 worth of prizes to be given away. The top finishers of the men and women categories will each receive RM2,500 worth of PUMA vouchers, while second-placed runners in both categories will receive RM2,000 worth of PUMA vouchers. Third-placed runners in both categories will each receive RM1500 worth of PUMA vouchers.
There you go! This is your last chance to not miss out on an epic night run this year as registration is closing end of June! Register today at www.puma-nightrun.com.my/ and like the official FB page ‘PUMA Night Run 2016’ for all the latest updates about the event! The addiction is REAL!