Waking up to a hazy view on a weekend wasn't exactly what I was looking forward to. The haze has come to Kuala Lumpur, and from what I hear on the news and in the papers, it is here to stay. It wouldn't have bothered me so much but with Baby Martin, it made me worry of the air quality at home.
|Apartments opposite my house shrouded in haze|
Luckily for us, a couple of months back, I won myself one of this cool Sharp's Plasmacluster Air Purifier at the Sharp Plasmacluster Workshop. Ah, finally I have the chance to put it to good use. Checking the specification, I'm not exactly sure if it helps to counter the haze, as from my understanding, the air purifier was more to suppress odour and air-borne mold or viruses.
|Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifier - FU-A28E-W|
The product description of the Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifier FU-A28E-W model is as detailed below:
- Plasmacluster Ion Technology
- Efficiently suppress the activity of airborne viruses and microbes
- Acts on both airborne and adhering mold to suppress the proliferation of mold
- Decompose and remove airborne allergens (e.g Dead dust mite, dust mite faeces, pollen and house dust)
- Decompose and remove adhering odors
- Removes static electricity to prevent pollen and dust from circulating in the room and clinging to curtains or clothing
- Easy and user-friendly design
- New design with Plasmacluster Ion Indicator
|Here's where the air blows out, after being ionized by the ionizer|
Setting the speed at medium, as I am not too sure if setting the blower at high settings for long period of time would cause any damage to the unit. Better not to take the risk. Switching the Air Purifier on was really simple, just press the POWER ON switch, and also ensure the Ionizer button is lighted up and we're good to go.
|A close-up of the simple buttons to operate the Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifier|
Now to go out and get myself some masks. If the haze is here for the next couple of days or even weeks, be sure to drink lots of water, try to avoid strenuous outdoor exercises, and of course, get an air purifier! Of course, these are only my thoughts, don't blame me if Sharp's Plasmacluster Air Purifier are not meant to counter the bad haze that we are currently facing. Until then, stay healthy my friends!