A couple of weeks back I was at Hennessy's new bottle launch event (Hennessy V.S.O.P New Bottle Launch 2012), and it was pretty cool. Now the good folks from Hennessy have decided to giveaway a brand new bottle of Hennessy V.S.O.P here, so get ready to answer some simple questions and walk away with the bottle.
|Hennessy V.S.O.P for you sir?|
Hennessy V.S.O.P. Bottle Design – Key Changes
- Slightly accentuated the curve in the side of the bottle, reinforcing the dynamic of its silhouette (by less than 1 millimetre).
- Inspired by the Hennessy V.S.O.P. bottle created in 1954, Chris Bangle chose to confirm this upward movement with a thicker base resembling a pedestal to distinguish the whole and stabilise it.
- Added a hollow bottom to the bottle to adapt it for handling.
- Lengthened the bottle’s neck and straightened its shoulders, stretching it vertically.
More on the changes:
- Drew two lines of perspectives in the glass around the central label, creating an optical effect by structuring the front of the bottle with a pyramid perspective (a reminder of the notion of uplift, dear to V.S.O.P.) Actually, this geometry attracts one’s regard toward the top of the bottle, where Chris Bangle chose to engrave the legendary arm and axe of the Hennessy family into the glass itself
- Revised the choice of paper and colours for the labels: a few millimeters from the arm and axe, the symbolic Hennessy V.S.O.P. oval is coloured in a dark grey ennobled with golden embossing, a reminder of the alchemy of contrasts comprising it. The main label highlights this refinement with a shimmering gloss imprinted with clusters of grapes and vine leaves in the background as a subliminal reminder of the origins of the cognac contained in the bottle
|Chris Bangle at work during the design stages of the Hennessy V.S.O.P Bottle|
About Chris Bangle
- Christopher Edward "Chris" Bangle is an American automobile designer known for his daring design and far-reaching influence. Bangle is known best for his work as Chief of Design for BMW Group, where he was responsible for the BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce motor cars from 1992 to 2006.
- The Hennessy V.S.O.P new carafe is his first masterpiece outside the automobile industry. For Hennessy V.S.O.P., the designer first sought to identify the cognac’s personality by delving into its history.
- For him, a product cannot be summed up by a function or an aesthetic: a product is living thing.
- “Designing for Hennessy gave me the same sensations as working on designs for fast BMWs or a great Rolls Royce. It is that experience of a unique emotion.”
There you have it, a short introduction on the new designed Hennessy V.S.O.P bottle and the designer behind it. Now are you ready for the mechanics to win yourself a free Hennessy V.S.O.P bottle? Check out below then, the answers are in the video below. So be sure to watch it first.
- Question 1 – What is the symbol of Hennessy engraved in the glass of the new bottle?
- Question 2 – In your own opinion, what makes Hennessy V.S.O.P a legendary cognac?
After answering these questions as comments in this blog post (do include your email so Hennessy will be able to contact you), visit the Hennessy Malaysia Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/HennessyMalaysia and click “Like”.
That’s it! The most accurate + creative answers in the comments box below (who must also be a fan of Hennessy Malaysia on Facebook) gets a new bottle of Hennessy V.S.O.P. designed by Chris Bangle worth more than RM300!
*Contest open to non-Muslim participants who are above 18 years of age only.
*Contest ends Friday 15th June 2012
|Comment now and get a chance to win this Hennessy V.S.O.P Bottle|