Linton University College, Mantin
I spent the major part of my Saturday over at this college. And why would I waste a perfectly good weekend to go all the way down to Mantin, Negeri Sembilan, some 70km away from my home. Well, I was following up from my efforts during the Star Education Fair 2011 last week. Two families were contacted and invited to the campus for a short campus tour.
Anyway there I was, donning a long sleeved shirt with a tie briefing the families and explaining the courses offered by Linton. I'm never going to get used to wearing formal shirts. It was my first time at the university, and I might say I was impressed. For a private college university, the whole campus area spans close to 190 acres.
Let me do a brief writeup on Linton University College. Its located in a university township near Mantin town in the state of Negeri Sembilan, at the crossroads between Kuala Lumpur in the north and Johore Bharu in the south.
|The main lobby foyer on Linton University College|
Under the management of Legenda Education Group, Linton University College was given the approval to run degree programs from University of East London, UK (UEL) and also Conventry University, UK. They were recently upgraded into University College status in March 2010 and was accredited to conduct Master Degree courses from University of East London, UK (UEL).
The university facilities were vast and complete, as below.
- 15 Lecture Theatres, with a capacity for 250 students
- 90 Lecture Rooms, with a capacity for 60 students
- 36 Tutorial Rooms, with a capacity for 25 students
- 18 Computer Laboratories, i.e. Networking, Multimedia, Programming and Open Laboratories
- 10 Electrical & Electronics Engineering Laboratories, i.e. Electrical Workshop & Electronic Laboratories, Power Laboratories, Control & Instrumentation Laboratories and Power Electronics Laboratories
- 9 Mechanical Engineering Laboratories, i.e. Machine Shop, Project Room,
- Welding Workshop, C.N.C.
- 3 Built Environment Laboratories
- 2 Engineering Drawing Studios
- 2 Science Laboratories
- 3 English Language Laboratories with multimedia teaching aids
- 33 New Laboratory Set Ups
- Thirteen gazebos
- A man-made lake
- Student lounges
- Cafeteria (Lake view)
- Grocery shops
- Stationery shops
- Recreational facilities
- Surau & Prayer Room for Muslim students
- Clinic (on-campus)
- A fleet of transportation vehicles comprising three 44-seater air-conditioned buses, vans and cars to cater for students’ transportation needs
In terms of facilities, this college university is complete, and from the education degrees standpoint, where else can we get a UK degree with an affordable price? Since the university has government support, all students are eligible to take up the government loan (PTPTN) for the duration of the course. In fact, the college university is offering free hostel apartment room stays for the course duration, be it 3 years or 4 years.
More information can be obtained from the Linton College University's website.
I was there until 2pm from 10am. It can be really tiring explaining to the parents about Linton's courses, accreditation, and registration process, but I'm taking it as an experience, a learning experience.