Ayam Percik Made Easy With The Philips All-in-One Pressure Cooker
Now here's a blog post which I've delayed for some time. Probably because I'm never a good cook, but hey! Cooking Ayam Percik had never been easier with the all-new Philips All-in-One Pressure Cooker. It's healthier, and so much easier to cook, maintaining the great taste and all. Read on below for this quick recipe to make delicious ayam percik.
|Ayam Percik Made Easy With The Philips All-in-One Pressure Cooker|
I was at the event where Philips Malaysia launched their latest and greatest Philips All In One Pressure Cooker, and it intrigued me to try out some of their recipes myself. A wonder pot, with only 10 minutes of preparation time, it takes 2 and 1/2 hour to complete this Ayam Percik dish. It's just too simple, throw everything inside the pressure cooker and we're good to go!
|My new Philips All In One Pressure Cooker|
Not only can my Philips All in One Pressure Cooker help in preparing some awesome meals, once the meal is cooked inside, it can actually keep warm the food automatically. Best part is, the pressure cooker is rather compact, yet large inside. Save space and all, welcome to modern cooking at its best!
|It's not rocket science to set up guys! |
Let's begin then shall we?
I chose to prepare and cook the Ayam Percik in my first try to use the Philips All-in-One Pressure Cooker. Check out the ingredients used and cooking method as well as recipe all listed down below. You know it's easy when even someone like Isaac Tan is able to prepare it.
- 3 chicken thighs
- 2 large onions blended
- 1 inch ginger blended
- 5 cloves of garlic blended
- 3 lemongrass blended
- 2 inch galangal blended
- 1 inci turmeric root blended
- ½ cup chilli paste
- 1 cup full cream milk or you can also use coconut milk
- ½ cup grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon tamarind paste diluted in 1 cup water, seed discarded
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cilantro sliced
|Put all the blended mixed and ingredients except the chicken thighs & cilantro, in the inner pot of Philips All-In-One Pressure Cooker.|
|Everything goes into the pot! |
|Remember to pour in the coconut milk, or full cream milk if you prefer|
- First we put in all the blended mixed and ingredients except the chicken thighs & cilantro, in the inner pot of Philips All-In-One Pressure Cooker.
- Then we Stir all the ingredients together until it’s well-combined.
- Remember to close the lid and turn the valve on top of the lid towards the “SEAL” position
|Remember to close the lid and turn the valve on top of the lid towards the “SEAL” position|
|Cook on “SLOW COOK HIGH TEMP” and press “COOKING TIME” and then press “-“ 4 times to set the cooking time to 2 hours. Then press “START”|
- Cook on “SLOW COOK HIGH TEMP” and press “COOKING TIME” and then press “-“ 4 times to set the cooking time to 2 hours. Then press “START”
- Once the Percik Sauce is ready is ready, place the chicken thighs into the pot and smoother the chicken with the cooked percik sauce.
- Close the lid, and turn the valve towards the “SEAL” position.
- Cook on “MEAT/POULTRY” on “Pressure Mode” and cook for 15 minutes, press “START”.
- When ready, release the pressure by turning the valve towards the right most for “steam release”.
- Sprinkle with sliced cilantro over the Ayam Percik.
|Time to check out my masterpiece! |
|Can you smell this from where you're at? |
There you have it, so easy and hassle free. My Ayam Percik is done perfectly just by setting the cooking method and time. I did it two times to be exact, one to prepare the percik sauce, and another to cook the chicken. 2 hours of hassle free waiting time, which I don't even have to monitor or stay beside the pot as I trust it will churn out some yummylicious ayam percik.
|My Ayam Percik with the Philips All-in-One Pressure Cooker used to cook it in the background |
There are many other recipes which can be used to prepare scrumptious meals using the all new Philips All-in-One Pressure Cooker.
Home cooked meals has never been easier to prepare. For more information on Philips All-in-One Pressure Cooker, do check out the Philips Malaysia Home Living Website at www.philips.com.my
and their Facebook at www.facebook.com/PhilipsHomeLiving.my
. In fact, inside the site there's a whole load of recipes shared out!
I love ayam percik!!!ReplyDelete
Great Article. Love it.ReplyDelete