Now I'm a very big fan of the ASICS GEL-NIMBUS series, as I've gotten the NIMBUS 17 model previously. It has served me really well, throughout my first foray as a runner into the fun runs, 5km, and 10km runs. I've yet to take it to half-marathons and full marathons but it's coming very soon. A big advocate of how comfy the NIMBUS series can get, today's posting would be on their latest and greatest, the ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 18.
|ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 18 - Newest Model In Town|
ASICS has launched the newest model in its long-selling GEL-NIMBUS series, highly-regarded for its superior cushioning features. The GEL-NIMBUS 18 model is available throughout Malaysia at all ASICS retail stores, sporting goods retailers and will retail for RM599 per pair.
|Wearing my current ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 17 and loving it!|
Here's the updated NIMBUS 18 series, latest and greatest!
The GEL-NIMBUS 18 model improves shock absorbency by renewing the location of GEL in the heel portion and GUIDANCE LINE, which promotes a smoother gait. This model will be available globally for runners of all levels who seek cushioning, from recreational joggers to elite long-distance runners.
A structure that improves shock absorbency and concentrates the body center of gravity on GUIDANCE LINE.
- Improved heel contact stability
- Improved stability from a rounded outer sole on the outer heel portion encourages smoother ground impact.
- Angle of heel GEL
- The model uses larger GEL implants in the forefoot and heel portions of the shoe. Angling the GEL portion in the outer heel improves cushioning while also lightening the weight of the GEL. *about 8.5% weight reduction in comparing with the previous model (Men’s 27.0cm/half pair).
- Advanced GUIDANCE LINE structure
- By angling the outer sole on each side of the GUIDANCE LINE, the runner’s body center of gravity is concentrated in the center of the shoe. This contributes to a smoother gait.
GEL-NIMBUS is one of ASICS best-selling long distance running shoe since 1999. This edition will be the 18th model of a series that has been praised by runners worldwide for its outstandingly comfortable cushioning structure. The GEL-NIMBUS is designed with a different heel angle for impact with the ground and foot angle during running (pronation).
|One of my recent completed runs using the previous gen ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 17|
A podium finish? :)
The series was developed to be ideal for runners with neutral pronation, or heel nearly vertical with the ground at impact, and underpronation (supination), with heel angled outward. Runners with underpronation tend to feel greater shock upon contact with the ground.
|ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 18|
The GEL-NIMBUS series focuses on the type of pronation, and cushioning is improved with the use of more GEL and thicker mid soles than other models. You can be sure I will be sticking to this series. Looking forward to trying out the latest NIMBUS 18 for my runs soon. So far I've been really satisfied with my current NIMBUS 17, as it's so comfortable to run in, be it over tar roads, or soft trails. I leave you with one of the latest videos out by ASICS below.