Have you had your juices lately? I have, and I get mine from Juice Works. Here's why! Malaysians have never been as busy with life as we do in the 21st century! From the moment the alarm clock goes off, to the mad morning commute to work after work rush hour, there are little opportunities to whip up nutritious meals to feed the body and mind.
|My favourite juice from Juice Works - the Immuno Kick|
“Fresh juices are precious elixirs of life. Whether taken directly or whipped up in a jiffy as a delicious drink using a juicer or blender, fresh fruits and vegetables contain a complete amount of the required vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients (plant chemicals) required by our bodies daily,” explains Ling Mooi Li, founder of Juice Works, Malaysia’s leading premium supplier of freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juice and smoothies.
|Mango Passion from Juice Works|
So how exactly do we incorporate as many fruits as possible into our daily diet? Read on then. Juice Works shares 16 interesting, and delicious, options so that we can reap the incredible benefits of these life giving natural plants!
- Make it a point to shop only once weekly so that your fruits and veges remain fresh
- Keep them easily reachable either on your countertop arranged nicely on a bowl or in a basket, or the top shelve of your fridge.
- Put an apple or two into your lunch box.
- For children’s lunch boxes, take the time to cut them into slices or arrange them to create a picture so that it looks fun and attractive.
- Almost every dish can include fruits and vegetables – as finely chopped or shredded toppings, as ingredients, or garnishings
- For breakfast, top up your cereal or muesli with bananas, peaches, apples or berries
- Instead of soups as starters, how about a smoothie instead?
- Main courses can be served with sliced fruits like apricots and apples.
- Instead of reaching for a cold beer or glass of wine to wind down a day from work, reach out for a juice instead. Try this as an alternative mojito by blending a cucumber with celery, lemon, celery stalks, some kale leaves and fresh mint.
- Need a chilled drink or ice cream to battle the heat? Forego that store-bought sugar and calorie laden ice cream and make your own instead. Fruits are nature’s natural candies. Just blend your favourite fruits like mango or strawberries, pour the mixture into little jelly moulds and pop them into the freezer to enjoy the awesome icy delicacies after a few hours!
- Although juices are best consumed freshly squeezed, you can still keep your favourite combinations in a thermos to be consumed on the way to work or a healthy mid-morning drink.
- Cut the fruits into bite size cubes and mix them with a variety of unsalted nuts and seeds as an easily consumable snack at all times.
- Create an interesting combination by mixing and matching your fruits, for instance, crunchy apples with juicy grapes and creamy bananas.
- Celery and carrot sticks are rather sad looking snacks amidst our delicious repertoire of Malaysian snacks, but add in some fun and taste by whipping up a yummy dip created with what else, more fruits and vegetables seasoned with some mustard or honey! Or blend some peppers with cucumber and Greek yogurt for a creamy dip.
- During cooking, jazz up your usual recipes by using blended fruits as healthy sauces or sauce bases.
- For parties – simply arrange cubed mango, melons, kiwi, grapes and strawberries on little bamboo skewers for a pretty platter as a convenient appetiser or dessert.
And there you have it! These creative ways with nature’s bounty will help you maintain your required daily intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
To make it even more convenient to safely store and carry around freshly squeezed juices, Juice Works Malaysia has launched a new design to join its popular tumbler collection. Check it out belo!
|Juice Works Tumbler|
These tumblers are made from eco friendly, recycled materials in line with Juice Works' focus on all things natural. They are available at all Juice Works kiosks while stocks last. Customers are entitled to a 10% discount, and Juice Works members even more discounts, when they bring their own Juice Works tumbler for a purchase. This beautiful and durable tumbler is made from eco friendly, recyclable materials that make it the perfect companion to keep juices and smoothies fresh while you're on the go.
Juice Works Malaysia offers over 30 choices led by the perennially popular Detox Juices range that includes carefully concocted drinks designed to support dietary goals, boost immune systems, soothe upset tummies or cleanse internal organs. The Berry Lovers range which blends zesty berries with low fat yogurts and other energising fruits is also a favourite alongside Tropical Paradise which holds the key to a rich repertoire of the exotic delights of sunny regions such as dragon fruits, lychee, jackfruits, mangoes and melons.
Whether in need of a health supplement, a dietary support, or just the thrill of a chilled fresh drink on a sunny day, Juice Works Malaysia offers the finest natural ingredients to create that perfect drink.
About Isaac Tan
Thank you for reading this post. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. My name is Isaac Tan and I cover mostly on lifestyle events with emphasis on happenings in Kuala Lumpur, food reviews, movies, tech and more. Subscribe to my feed and my facebook page. Do follow me on Twitter too at @isaactanjs , contact me via my email at email@example.com