Just last week or so, I was at the launch of Coca-Cola's new global creative campaign "Taste The Feeling". Coca-Cola® marks its 80th year in Malaysia and Singapore by revealing the launch of its new ‘One Brand’ global marketing strategy that, for the first time ever, unites Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola light and Coca-Cola zero, under the iconic Coca-Cola brand positioning.
|COCA-COLA's 80th Anniversary - Taste The Feeling Campaign|
Jointly announced by Gill McLaren, General Manager of Coca-Cola, Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei, and Stephen Lusk, Chief Executive Officer, Coca-Cola Bottling Investment Group, Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei, the announcement of the ‘One Brand’ approach marks the beginning of an important growth strategy that Coca-Cola is embarking on.
The ‘One Brand’ Strategy:
- Extends the global equity and iconic appeal of original Coca-Cola across the Trademark, uniting the Coca-Cola family under the world’s number one beverage brand.
- Comes to life in a global campaign – “Taste the Feeling” – that uses universal storytelling and everyday moments to connect with consumers around the world.
- Features the product at the heart of the creative, celebrating the experience and simple pleasure of drinking a Coca-Cola, any Coca-Cola.
- Underscores the Company’s commitment to choice, allowing consumers to choose whichever Coca-Cola suits their taste, lifestyle, and diet.
|Stephen Lusk, Chief Executive Officer, Coca-Cola Bottling Investment Group, Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei, delivering his welcome speech at the reveal of new ‘One Brand’ strategy – Taste the Feeling in Malaysia.|
“Over the past 80 years in Singapore and Malaysia, we’ve seen an evolution of consumer tastes and preferences. Some enjoy Coca-Cola zero, some enjoy Coca-Cola light and others, Coca-Cola. However, one thing remains the same, our consumers’ love for great taste and uplifting refreshment, across all our Coca-Cola products” said Gill McLaren, General Manager of Coca-Cola, Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei.
|Celebrating the launch of the new ‘One Brand’ strategy – Taste the Feeling in Malaysia on the company’s 80th year anniversary, with a Coca-Cola toast.|
“Taste the Feeling,” is rolling out across all markets globally. In Malaysia, the campaign will be brought to life through a number of elements, including:
- 2 Television commercials;
- 20+ campaign images;
- New visual identity system;
- New Music Anthem and Audio Signature;
- Country wide on-ground “Taste The Feeling” activations;
- And a customizable interactive digital experience.
The creative campaign is anchored in the fundamentals of the Coca-Cola brand – the Spencerian script, the red disc and the iconic glass bottle – but with a modern take, featuring authentic and real moments with the product at center stage. Do check out the video below!
The lead television spot currently playing in both Singapore and Malaysia will be “Anthem,” (Mercado-McCann), and it comes to life through a series of ordinary moments like ice-skating with friends; a first date, Coca-Cola links all these universal moments.
The soundtrack to “Anthem” is an original song created for the campaign and titled “Taste the Feeling.” Coca-Cola worked with Music Dealers to write and produce the song. In select markets, the song features the voice of newcomer ‘Conrad Sewell’. Sewell, a London-born, Australia-raised singer was featured in the breakout single “Firestone,” which produced 3 million-plus worldwide sales.
“Taste the Feeling” will replace “Open Happiness”, which has been used as the overall marketing tagline by Coca-Cola for the past seven years. To find out more information about the campaign, do check out the website https://TasteTheFeeling.coca-cola.com, or participate in the experience via #SyoknyaRasa.