Just something the postman brought in a couple of weeks back. It arrived in a huge white sealed box, reminiscent of the box that housed my MacBook Pro. Introducing the latest, revolutionary 2015 IKEA Catalogue. Yes, you heard it right, the huge white box that came knocking on my door is the latest catalogue from IKEA, supersized with a very unique 'twist' to it. Read on below on my thoughts of its 'features'.
|The 2015 IKEA Catalogue - Power Of A Book|
How is a book, a technological breakthrough? Simple. It is the first ‘touch interface’ ever invented. Content comes pre-installed, pages load instantaneously, with no lag. It’s always on and the battery life is eternal. Amazing right?
|Nice white packaging|
|Another look at the packaging of the 2015 IKEA Catalogue|
The 2015 IKEA Catalogue packaging is interesting, the fact that they modeled it to look like an electronic gadget packaging. Even the 'features' of the catalogue is spelt out in this small manual which came along with the catalogue. At 328 hi definition pages, this is by no means a light weight product. They do have a smaller version though from what I heard.
|Contained inside the box, is the 328 hi definition colourful 2015 IKEA Catalogue|
|It even came with a Quick Start Guide|
Pre-installed with thousands of home furnishing ideas the colourful 328 hi-definition pages catalogue has everything you would want to find for inspiring home furnishing ideas. The 2015 IKEA Catalogue is filled with exciting stories behind their products and new ideas that will make you love your mornings and evenings just a little bit more.
|I just love the quality and colour of the 2015 IKEA Catalogue|
Check out below on some of the 'features' which IKEA had thoughtfully worded out for our convenience. Stating the facts has never been more obvious nor unique and interesting.
Eternal Battery Life
- Always on standby, all day long, forever.
- A breakthrough in battery life is here. The 2015 IKEA Catalogue comes fully charged, and stays fully charged, until the end of time. Astonishing.
The original touch interface
- Simply touch and drag to browse
- Touch interfaces are nothing new, until now. With just the lightest of swipes, you can actually ‘feel’ the pages move as you navigate the content. Right to left to move forward, left to right to move backwards. Intuitive. Tactile. Revolutionary
Instant page loads. No lag.
- Every page loads at the speed of light. Literally.
- How is it possible that load times have been reduced to zero? It just is. This allows for a fantastic new feature, speed browsing. Simply hold the catalogue in the palm of your hand, and using your thumb, flip as fast as you can through the content. You will never see a single page load. It’s like they’re always just there.
|"How to care for your catalogue"|
Overall I quite like the concept that IKEA came up with for their 2015 IKEA Catalogue, aptly calling this the BookBook. Check out their website at www.ikea.com, or you could just watch this hilarious walk-through video of how to use your new IKEA Catalogue below.